Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This One's For Syd


This entry is for my friend Syd in her recent post she mentioned making a list of traits she was looking for in a partner but wasn't sure she was ready to do it. Above is just such a list, made by me in 2001. I don't know how or why love works but somehow writing these words on those bits of paper so long ago helped me to get clear about what I had been lacking and what I wanted in a partner. Mark is all these things and more, he's a perfect fit for me and I think I am a pretty good match for him. I used to think I had conjured Mark up, created him from wishes. I see now that getting what we need is possible in all aspects of our lives. We can choose what we want and we can make it happen but the first step is being able to visualize it in concrete terms. Make the list Syd, take the first step. A good relationship of your own creation is just down the road.

1 comment:

sydneypaige said...

This is so great, *thank you*. I love that you felt you conjured Mark up, it makes me feel thoughtful (and hopeful) about my future. I hope it's OK with you, I'm printing this and putting it on my magnet board. Not because it's all things I'd want for my own list, but because it's an inspiration for me to do my own when I'm ready. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It