Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Motherhood Moments

As I tucked Pearl into bed last night she told me that one of the things she liked best about me was that she could talk to me about anything. Wow! That is a compliment to be proud of. Then we talked about dreams and what they might mean and how interesting it is to have a brain and to be able to think all the thoughts we think. I was practically breaking my arm slapping myself on the back for my awesome mothering prowess. Then riding the good vibe wave she asked if she could wear make-up in middle school. Slap down. Not quite the elevated spiritual ending I was hoping for. We'll talk about it, and we will because that is what we do.

1 comment:

sydneypaige said...

Wow. I hope to hear those words someday. (The ones about being easy to talk to. Not the make-up ones).
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It