Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Give a little, get a little.


Needless to say I have felt a little contracted lately. I know many people have, even the ones who have not lost jobs are really being careful about their spending and I think this is a good trend, to a point. We have too much stuff, more than we need. Cash has been a bit tight and I have had a few things that I wanted to buy but didn't. This week though, in an effort to expand my feelings of hope for prosperity for the future I made a few careful purchases. With my bills paid and my May mortgage ready to shoot across the universe to where ever the heck it goes, I decided to invest in a few small things. This may sound just crazy and insignificant to some but for me it has been pivotal. I have been sending out a whack of promo cards and envelopes loaded with good DMR stuff and I had been using this crappy rubber stamp return address. The design was no good, type was too small and not-reflective of my love of mailing in the least. I did me some searching on the low speed and found a good company online to make me a fancy large self inking rubber stamp. I designed a nice (gotta quit using this word, so pedestrian) and more cheerful return address slug with a little more useful information on it and I sent that badboy off via the internets. Yeeha! Next step was to order special mailing tubes so that I can shamelessly send out the wrapping paper I designed last year. Lord knows I had 1000 sheets of each design printed and I need to either find ways to sell it or give it away to people I admire. It's nice for a business like mine to have something to give away as a way to thank people for various things. When I worked at the record label I loved getting those little "with compliments" gifts.

Mark suggested to me a few years back that sometimes it's good to spend a little as an act of faith that what you send out will come back to you. I am hanging onto this notion. Spend a little, save a little, earn a little and the world keeps turning and the universe will provide. Good bye contraction, hello expansion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It