Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A New Era

The big news in our lives this week is that Pearl has a new baby brother thanks to her dad and stepmom. She is totally smitten with the little guy and it reminds me of the sweet slow times when Pearl was small. It's going to be a big adjustment for her as she takes for granted her position at the center of the universe. Hopefully she can be helpful and not resentful and not get to feeling too looked over. Who knows maybe it's the best thing to happen to a pre-adolescent child, to have the attention taken off you while you sort out who you are. I think she'll be a great big sister as she is naturally bossy and who better to boss than a smaller brother. My own feelings aside, and they are plentiful and contradictory, this is a new life to be celebrated and welcomed into the larger expanded family that connects the past to the future.

2 comments:

sydneypaige said...

Well, congratulations to your now-even-more extended family. And congratulations to Pearl, the new big sister and sweetest girl.

Anonymous said...

You are a honey to keep an open heart, and that is a beautiful baby boy. Congrats to Pearly on being a big sis. I remember when my little bro was born (I was 10). Lots of adjusting, but also very good. I know it grew me up some, and I think I turned out pretty well. hee hee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It