Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blog Update

My mother and I the summer before she died. She's my inspiration.

Good god, what has happened to me? I've been busy and yes distracted with things. The whole dog bite thing really had me absorbed for a while, the antibiotics were intense. It's been two weeks and my leg is way less painful, I might even take the bandaid off soon. Apparently the bite is sort of in the shape of a lightning bolt. Nice. I've been meaning to blog about my mom and motherhood but I've been really busy thinking about what it means to be a mom and what some of the more challenging aspects of the whole job are. We went away for a few days with Mark's sister and brother in law on their fabulous new boat. It was great as always. Eddy is in the hospital currently as he fell ill while we were away, fortunately Bar was helping with him. We worry about him there, it's nicer when we can just wander down the hallway to his room to check on and reassure him. Lots to think about which I will do quietly on my own.

Please enjoy this, a little something one of my dear friends sent over;

If a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it....
Pee on it and walk away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It