Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cash Flow

State taxes are due today and the mortgage is due tomorrow. I just noticed a few bills I "overlooked" from earlier in the month. January is always a slow billing month for me and when the cash flow slows I get philosophical. I walk around saying things like "you can't get blood from a stone" and "I will not be defined by my current financial reality". It sort of helps. The taxes got paid, the mortgage will wait a few days and the other bills will trickle out as the cash trickles in. Once when I was really broke during my post divorce period I decided I had to make friends with being broke instead of being paralyzed by it. There are so many things to do and enjoy that don't cost a nickel, gardening, walking, reading, maintaining the place, snuggling. Today I have chosen to come up to Mark's and sponge off him for a few days. I am sure Eddy will share his wine with me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It